Old 12-30-2007, 03:34 AM
Toccata
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: DC10 Captain

Originally Posted by jungle View Post
What are you going to do to help the entire crew force other than try to deny a change in Federal Law?
Change the word "do" to "sacrifice". That pretty much sums up the dilemma. We have long ago buried the "The needs of the many out way the needs of the few" mindset.

If personal sacrifice is needed, what group would step up? Or, based on earlier posts, what individual would step up (e.g. retire to help the junior guys)? The guy with 25 years in and his high five - willing to go ahead and retire to prevent a junior guy being out on the street?

You're looking in the wrong place if you're looking for personal sacrifice. Some have already experienced the sacrificial brotherhood in action at other airlines.

Want someone more concerned about you then themselves? Try the Mission Field, maybe.

Lousy post - sorry. I'd love examples of an individual sacrificing something (not time - not buying a round - too easy) for his fellow pilot. Might change my mood and outlook.

(e.g., I'd love to bid this line, but it just works better for you with your kids - I'll keep bidding this other crappy one instead.... let me PDO bump you off this trip so you can be home for Christmas..... I'll donate my VEBA back to the Union - unfair for me to get it now..... we're in 100% agreement - reduce our lines/pay to keep the junior guys here..... well, I was gonna have to retire anyway a month ago......)