View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 08:45 AM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Retractable View Post
Many of you have promised “never” was going to happen. Some of you are just rooted in the “NO Culture”.

I think you’re wrong.

84% just yesterday and the MX hubs are just getting warmed up. Small cabin frames being replaced at the 10 year mark and large cabin a little while longer... not like this last cycle. Advanced MX programs designed for “airline models” being implemented. It will happen and when it does, I’ll make sure to let you know.

The “NO Culture” was created by both the company and the union over successive years of fighting.

The “NO Culture” is losing steam and losing membership.

It’s time to succeed as a group.
One of the first things Sokol said when they came out with the 10 year plans was that they would retire airplanes at 10 years. That still hasn't happened 10 years later. We will likely have XLSs over 15 years old by the time they are finally all gone. There are probably a bunch of 15 year Excels flying around now. The Falcons that just finally retired were somewhere around 20 years old. I believe they would like to be able to have a real 10 year cycle on the airframes, but I don't believe they will be able to achieve that. It is too hard to get rid of old airframes at a return they deem reasonable unless part of the business model is to acccept much less than they accept now for used airframes. I'm not sure pennies on the dollar at year 10 to dispose is better than lower mx reliability while stretching the life out. I guess we will see and I do hope you are right, I just don't think it will truly happen.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk