View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by FreightDawgyDog View Post
Does anyone actually know how many of you "over 60" guys have been receiving a full military retirement, complete with medical, to augment your pay since you were hired here? Does anyone actually know how many "over 60's" stayed in the military for a full retirement and then expected to get 25 years at an airline to boot? Just how much does an retired 0-5 or 0-6 get a year in retirement compensation on top of your FedEx pay? As I said before, there may be a small minority of guys with less than 25 here who didn't get a full retirement elsewhere first, but guys like you JJ shouldn't be looking for sympathy for the choice you made to stay in and not try for the airlines without a retirement to fall back on if it didn't work out. You are very lucky to have been hired here at all IMO since military retirees were never hired before the mid 80's. Again, I appreciate your service to our country, just I am sure you appreciate mine. Anyone with a full military retirement that was able to get in some quality years at FedEx before Age 60 shouldn't be looking for sympathy IMO. Being grateful that they were lucky enough to keep flying after retiring from the military and be paid very well for it should suffice.
Just so I don't have to repeat myself, check here: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/sh...225#post289225