View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 02:45 PM
point432
On Reserve Forever

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Would you like fries with that gear, sir?

Originally Posted by Palomarracer View Post
Currently have an interview scheduled for Friday, I applied not knowing anything and then have spent the last 10 hours reading about the dumpster fire that ABX appears to be. My question is...

Should I go and take the job, go for the interview experience, or just pass? Im currently an FO at a regional and would like to go to Atlas, Kalitta, Omni, etc... Currently just over 2,000 hours. I would apply to Atlas but cannot because of this "agreement" my current airline has and I don't meet the minimums for others. Should I go there to get a 767 type and some heavy experience or just pass? Thanks for any info.

After a year, the answer would still be NO!

HR is still getting guys and lying right to their faces. The company wont even accept the economics of ABX being cheaper than ATI, but the they’re so hard on for ATI. People! Why do you keep showing up?! [emoji351] Are they telling guys a contract is “right around the corner?” Or “so many news planes that are going to be on property in only a few months.” They’re lies people!!!

Do they need to phone a friend? Or do they not know how to use a computer?

Yes, people are still wanting to wait it out on either side of the list. (No one is calling and chasing lateral moves just get annoying) This could be the biggest waste of your life...all for a 76 type and to fly 200 hrs a year.

The company wants to make this place worse than everywhere else. They want to cut vacation, cut all soft pay, forced overtime with zero reward...all while continuing to put you in a middle seat next to the crapper. You will need a crashpad, don’t forget. Living at the DHL hub...its just sad sometimes. JRM is only 130-150% above straight pay btw. And man do guys love doing overtime for straight pay. Love it!!! They gobble it up. The pay here is so low that a number of new hires probably have to.

ABX is not the best kept secret in aviation, its a never ending nightmare of disappointment. Motorclutch is retired, but i’m sure he’d still take your calls.

You want ABX news...No new news. The company refuses to negotiate or consider any real solutions to problems. Can’t believe people hired these guys to just warm a seat in an office and use the word “No.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk