Thread: "Aviate"?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Itsajob
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by giggity37 View Post
Yea there is no shortage of pilots at the Majors, but Regionals fly almost half of United's flying and if they cant recruit pilots there goes your huge paycheck. That could be a huge problem in the future with the stability of United. Airlines that don't have any regional feed don't have to worry about this. This program is to get people from calling in sick and promising the potential of a job. Right now this program sucks and most of the great pilots that I know are bouncing to LLC's, Southwest, Jetblue and the cargo carriers. They arent going to sit around for a potential job that can be taken away at any moment. If United wanted great pilots they wouldn't have put two check ride failures after they get put into the pool? I don't want to ride on a plane with candidates like that! I called in sick on a holiday 5 years ago and I am not taking a chance with this program. I am opting out of this and going the traditional route.
At the end of the day United is getting great pilots with great attitudes. There is also a huge number of great pilots at the regionals and only a few job openings. Some aren’t going to get picked under any plan and will end up going to other companies. There just isn’t a slot for everyone. United is spending a bunch of time and money preaching Core 4 values. They are trying very hard to repair years of employee skepticism and how the brand is viewed by the public brought on by a long list of previous actions by the company. Because of this they are going to look at personality and attitude very hard. Your resume says that you have the hours and that you can fly, but they are going to be very cautious about adding more bad apples to the bunch. We already have plenty.