Thread: Vacancy 20-02V
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 12:42 PM
horrido27
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: 756 Left Side

Originally Posted by webecheck View Post
Sure it is Motch. If the pilot one below the line doesn't waive anything, but the pilot 6 below does, it's totally fair. Those lines are terrible, and in most categories the vast majority decide waiving isn't worth the line awarded.
Disagree.
First of all, even IF the first pilot below the G Line waives everything, there still exists the possibility that he/she won't get a line but the pilot below them will, just because of what's left and when these 2 pilots have some sort of absence (ie, training or vacation)

Second. Why should you have to waive anything?
Seniority should not be based on "waiving" something to get a one up with regards to line/reserve.
If it is, then it's something that we as a Pilot Group should discuss.
Not just a couple of hundred pilots who lurk the forums.

Personally, I would like to see seniority honored.
IF there is the possibility of awarding some lines below the G Line, it needs to be done in Seniority order.
IF that is not possible, then there will be more open time available and that will allow for more/better trip trading.
That would also allow for the reserve to have more choices with regards to THEIR aggressive pick-ups.

I do find it interesting that there are pilots (like yourself) who defend our PBS.
I guess that if you feel that the first pilot below the G Line not getting a line yet the 2nd pilot below the G Line getting one is "ok", there's no need to continue the conversation. We're not going to change each others opinions.
It is important for all Post Merger New Hires to understand some of the issues we have with our PBS.. especially with regards to what us Legacy pilots had before!

Always
FS, FP & FtC
Motch