View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 03:50 PM
symbian simian
Line holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: On the bus,seat 0A

Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
The pilot jumpseat priority is not changing for Skywest, Republic, GoJet, or Mesa flights.

The change is the jumpseat priority on UAL mainline, and United Express-Exclusive (UAX-E)* carrier flights. All UAX-E carriers have agreed to the changes.

Skywest, Republic, Mesa, and GoJets are non-exclusive UAX carriers. They fly for UAL as well as other airlines. Their priority for the pilot jumpseat on UAL and UAX-E flights has been reduced below that of UAL and UAX-E pilots.

GoJets has agreed to the new systems so they are categorized below UAL/UAX-E pilots on UAL/UAX-E flights and above other non-exclusive UAX pilots and OAL pilots. Skywest, Republic, and Mesa can move up to the same category as GoJets if their managements sign the new agreement with UAL management. Until then, they are grouped with OAL pilots.

The non-exclusive UAX pilots are losing something that they once had. I understand why they don't like it. I don't think a jumpseat war is the best way to express their displeasure.

*UAX-E carriers are Air Wisconsin, ExpressJet, Commutair, and Trans States.
The non-exclusive are losing something they should never have had. In the Great republic-american war I started of in the republic side, mostly because aa signed a priority order, and apparently for years didn't follow it. Having said that, skywest flies for 4 legacy carriers, and getting priority over OAL on all 4 is asinine. Either you pick one or you get none.