View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:52 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Default Will 737 ever regain credibility?

Originally Posted by Flightnews View Post
These are very important points I think. and now we have this latest news which will not do the aircraft any favors:

The FAA has publicly reprimanded Boeing for failing to turn over instant messages between its employees sent when the Max was originally being certified in 2016.

The FAA did not say what the messages contained except that they "characterised certain communications with the FAA" during the aircraft's certification process.

The FAA said in a statement: "The FAA finds the substance of the document concerning. The FAA is also disappointed that Boeing did not bring this document to our attention immediately upon its discovery. The FAA is reviewing this information to determine what action is appropriate."

--

I think that has a lot less to do with recertifying the airplane and a lot more to do with future certifications. The FAA is good at flicking a booger, but the fact is that they cut too deep in budget cuts and decided that the manufacturers didn’t need oversight. Oops. Now they are angry that the manufacturers didn’t properly oversee themselves? The government at work.

I love how the FAA refers to themselves as “the FAA”. Very third person of them.