View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:33 AM
Taildragger1
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 767 Capt.

Hi Tim,

I guess that depends on how you look at it. I’ve had one modest wife. I still live in the long paid for $89,000 house I bought on the B scale. My few toys have made money. Two kids. One ran a full ride scholarship. Second is still at home.

After the PBGC, claim, and note are accounted for and the hundred grand minimum I’ve usually added on top of my 401k, a 4% draw on all of my nest eggs equal FAE 12% but the year isn’t over yet so final math is yet to come.

What totally boggles my mind is how much better off I am than most of my peers. A snap shot from today means happy 65th birthday is sudden unemployment and a 88% cut in pay if I maintain discipline. Obviously the current rash of Greenslips runs those numbers toward the lower side but my goal of FAE 25% that I set after the bankruptcy simply isn’t happening in my life.

I strongly suggest everyone get a Fidelity advisor or equivalent. Look at your numbers guys. How are you really doing? Are you using ALPA R&I actuarial data that requires you to die in a timely fashion so the math looks less embarrassing? Is anyone really ok with that?