View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 04:01 PM
itsmytime
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by YANXJTPilot View Post
No one knows how it's going to work.

Not even the people running it.

They've been putting out changes, mistakenly sent stuff out, etc.

Also anecdotally, the percentage for an INTERVIEW accept rate seems higher than the CPP by far, but inexplicably some people you think would get an interview don't.

AFAIK there have been zero interviews, so zero data on that or anything beyond.

I *HOPE* that it is far better than the CPP, which wouldn't be hard, but so far IMHO it's not looking great.

There's SO many ways to not make it in.

It feels experimental. Beta. "Let's see if this works." By the time they get it 'figured out' something more competitive will be required.

Like a real flow.

It's another carrot you may or may not reach.

The best mental attitude is probably: you might not get it, you might not, it's not a real reason to come to a UAX exclusive carrier.

Nice to have if you're here or coming here for other reasons. That's it.

It will also be interesting to see what happens when the economy downturns again.

Money says UAL will ask for it's pilots to flow down to the regionals vs. a furlough.

When that happens, demand CONCRETE language they give something in return. Last time, Continental pulled the ladder up after the flowbacks left is my understanding.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, my guess is that most of the CFI’s getting interviews will get CJO’s. That guarantees them coming to a uax regional.

That’s the only way the uax regionals are going to grow is for young CFI’s to start flocking to them. Also saves them money as they don’t have to improve their contracts. If a guy has a CJO at a major, dependent on him going to said regional, he’s going regardless of the pay/working conditions.