Thread: United Aviate
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by greatmovieistar View Post
Your "friendly" advice was to tell a poster what his/her problem is, then proceed to Captain America (and not the one from the movies, more like the one from Generation Kill) mansplain what almost every Regional pilot does day in and day out any way like it was some big new revelation nobody know about.

No, you are here on the Regional boards for only one reason and that is to troll and talk down to Regional pilots, compensating for all the things you are missing in your real life. You claimed before you don't work for United, but yet you are here in all the United posts. lol

Doesn't it suck when those you perceive as below you don't respect you anymore? I am sure you are very use to that in your every day life.
Frankly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest how you feel and I never perceived anyone here as "below me". Last I checked you aren't a moderator and so far I haven't had a moderator ask me to stop posting.
You have no idea who I am and what I do in my "real life". If anything you seem to be the one angry at your life and everyone in general. If you actually read my posts you can probably figure out where I am now and where I'm going. Heck, you post in the Delta forum but you obviously aren't there right now.
A few pilots in this thread were complaining about United Aviate. The specific poster was obviously complaining about legacy hiring practices and complained that "stick and rudder" skills were the same in both regionals and majors. I responded to some of the criticism. The response was not welcome. It's the internet. So be it. My kids roll their eyes and don't always appreciate my advice. Your response bothers me about as much their response.
My assumption is that those posting in the Regional area are pilots who wish to move on. As someone who has moved on from the regionals, I gave advice pertinent to the subject. Perhaps I was a little harsh. But legacy hiring is what it is. Learn to deal with it. But you might want to actually take a step back and listen. Again, you have no idea who you talk to. Behind the "anonymous" names could be someone who can help you.

Not all regional pilots are "doing it" day in day out. Heck, just last month I was on a regional jet that got pushed back, sat there for 20 minutes, then got pulled back into the gate all with no explanation. Finally, a gate agent came on board and told us we had to deplane due to an MX issue. No announcement from the pilots who stayed in the cockpit with the door closed the entire time. I'm not involved in HR, but that's probably a good way to get yourself in the "don't interview" pile if a customer survey is given out.

So do as you wish. But sorry, I won't stop posting. I may pull back in certain areas as my experience is no longer pertinent, such as specifics about the current day to day operations of my old regional. But other experiences are still pertinent. If you want to listen to people echoing your thoughts I suggest you go to your crew lounge and complain there. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of atta boys that will help your lack of confidence.