View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 03:02 PM
domino
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Well there you go. They don't want to spend time and money on you knowing you'll be leaving before you finish training.

Word to the wise in this industry... delete all non-anonymous social media accounts until you're at your career destination airline. I know you millenials will find that utterly incomprehensible but even if YOU are the paragon of internet virtue, all it takes is one of your idiot friends to associate your feed with some sort of stupidity and you just lost a dream job. I know of jobs lost to posts and photos related to drugs, sex, racism, and extreme politics... in all cases I know of the pilot was not that stupid, but his "friends" were.

Also know of jobs lost to trash-talking the company. Big shout out to the guy who did it from a non-anonymous account WHILE IN CRUISE FLIGHT. Being off probation didn't help that dude.

Make sure your anonymous accounts are as anonymous as possible. There are no guarantees of safety but for example your registration email and user ID on APC should not be used ANYWHERE else, and if you post unusual circumstances anyone who is aware of those circumstances now knows who you are forever (and that includes employers).
Bad advice.

Over 60% of US companies have said they will not hire someone who has no social media presence.