Old 11-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Omniscient
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by DWC CAP10 USAF View Post
How does one airline put others to shame WRT JS’ing? Ease of listing vs just walking up? Do they carry you down the jetway while hand feeding you grapes? Does the Capt not require you to dig your license and medical out of your bag for his visual inspection?
Jumpseating on AA has to be one of the worst..let me think of a few..

No matter if there are 100 seats open, they won't release the jump until 10 prior. They wont sometimes even tell you there are others listed before you.

Gate Agents, oh those gate agents. Im talking about the 75 year old ones that work those special airports who are straight up mean. You better have listed or they will tell you to step away from their counter. Ran over from another flight? Don't care, you better list on your phone over in that corner.

Speaking of the CA asking for your medical. I remember some years back when they passed the "Under 40, first class needed every year vs 6 months." The CA looks at my medical and says "this is expired, you have an expired medical, its 8 months old and its no longer valid as a First Class medical". (I did not want to get into the fact that it doesn't expire but simply downgrades the privileges to either a 2nd or 3rd class). I said "no, its good...they changed the law and because I'm under 40, the First Class medical privileges are valid for 12 months." He shakes his head and says "I don't remember ever hearing about that, hey Joe (First Officer) have you heard about this?" I look at the FO and watch as the 64.5 year old FO says "Nope, never heard of it."