Thread: Optimizer
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by vyperdriver View Post
you guys are like my wife...I stand corrected it is 72.07 hrs, and the 14th day ends before 2.am. block in...so I dont get the extra time for the 14th day. Across all 4 trips that are 3 days or longer each has .39hrs of credit per rotation. Take a look at Octobers 66 letter about 320 credit. 29% rotation credit down to 9 percent now, in just 2 years. While we're at it, according to 66 monthly letter commutability down from 97% to 6%. Bottom line, having to be on the road for 16 17 or 18 days to make the same level of money that 2 years ago was doable in 11 to 14 days is a significant degradation to quality of life and enjoy ability of the job.
While no one, including me, is claiming that the trips are equal to or greater than earlier years, your last sentence is questionable to put it mildly. Let me ask you, have you never swapped, WS, swapped or picked up on the swapboard? There's plenty of chances to improve your line at least a little bit.

Further, I don't consider a trip that blocks in at 2345 (thus releases at 0015) a "true" 4-day trip while one that blocks in 20 minutes earlier truly IS a 3-day. There's a reason for the 0200 carveout. Critically, neither of those trips is commutable, if that's your priority, so is there really a difference? I don't see a huge difference in the trip value after all said and done--certainly not several DAYS difference in how much time you need to be on the job.