View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Meow1215
On Guard!

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by los74 View Post
When you become a pilot your world is full of jeopardy events for the rest of your career, just study and be prepared. What you are going through is called “WORK” and you have to deal with it since you became a grown up and no longer can you hold the kid card. You have plenty of choices. Mesa is about to fly 737s, or maybe a 135 operator is the right fit, so the grass is always greener across the fence. If you regret (big word) coming here, EDV is not holding you hostage so just get out before depression takes over and be happy.
The airlines are not Google where you bring your pet to work (emotional support), there are very well defined lines based on seniority and the contract, so even Neil Armstrong would have to single file and start from the bottom. Every airline is like this.
The industry was a different world just 5 years ago, maybe all these over priced schools need to start teaching some recent history so young pilots realize this is a good time to be a pilot.
Good luck.
When you walked to school uphill both ways was it just in the ice & rain or was there snow & hail too?

I can’t think of too many pilots on property who would be thrilled about the prospect of extra jeopardy events that are completely unnecessary. I also can’t think of too many pilots who would relish the idea of learning one fleet to then immediately go learn a new one.

As one the guys who can still hold MSP lines on the CAs side it’s fair to say I’ve been here a while. This isn’t the worst thing that can happen to a new hire, but in this hiring climate, it is still BS. I’ll go a step further and say it’s BS to do it to any pilot on the seniority list.

To the OP: 9E is not a terrible airline to work for, but you will be met with the with occasional “slight of hand”. It just usually doesn’t happen this early in the game. It’s worth mentioning this happens at other airlines too. Good luck on your training or other career Endeavors.