View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:56 PM
AerialsInTheSky
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019
Default What would you do with this experience?

I've never been someone who's looked seriously at a career in flying, I mostly have a skill elsewhere that involves flying. After recently talking with some people in and around the industry however, I get the feeling I might be missing out on a good thing.

Here's what I'm working with:
Ratings: Commercial single & multi, CFI
Total: 2800 (almost all pic)
~2k of that is x-c in complex
Dual given: 1200
Multi: 17
Inst: 10 (act)/55 (sim)
No turbine time.
(not sure what other stats would be pertinent)

I would prefer not to be gone more than 2-3 days, but I'll willing to move anywhere in the world (at least for a while) for a good job, don't mind learning another language or whatever.

ALSO: I have an MBA from a respectable school. I would really like to leverage it if possible, so if there was a company or situation that could use that, even later down the line, that would be preferred.

Sooo... what would you do? I'm not in any rush so I'm fine with waiting to try for a while to get in somewhere better than an immediately-available option, if its a matter of just waiting until a slot is available, or building my multi time up to whatever, or both. I have access to a multi, I can get to 25 or 50-100hrs, or whatever I need, just need to know what "whatever" would be.

Appreciate any opinions or insight. Thanks!