View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 07:27 AM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Halon1211 View Post
Not to mention the 401(k) DC, health insurance, and LTD. People don’t believe me sometimes because it’s crazy what we have.
People that aren’t airline pilots may not believe you but other pros may say it’s just ok and not crazy. You worked incredibly hard to get to this level and take enormous responsibility every time you release the brake. You’re well trained and at the top of your field and may make it look easy but it’s certainly not.

My father in law worked a lot of his career at the c level of some decent sized companies and was able to get some good equity that turned into much more cash than we’ll ever make. He’s not uber rich but doing just fine and was able to retire early. He keeps telling me jokingly he should’ve been a pilot. He also said as he worked through his career the higher he got the more money he made and the less he had to work. The responsibility increased a lot but the actual work was less and less as the money became more and more. We shouldn’t expect less. We need to stop thinking of ourselves as working stiffs punching a clock and more like professionals.