View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM
DALFA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: I'm here, i'm there, i'm everywhere...

Originally Posted by DALMD88FO View Post
Yep. Had to lump us together or else they might vote in a union. This card drive will be interesting. Last crew I flew with was split 50/50. Had a couple pretty vocal, albeit after drinking, FA’s about our non support of their drive. I just told them I didn’t have a vote it was their job to get 50% +1.
While it certainly is true that it's up to us to get it done...a little support from a fellow union member goes a long way. Maybe speak as to why you do or don't support having a union contract for yourself. Or speak about what management says about having a union would somehow ruin our culture...since after all...we already have unionized employees here.

You don't have to go out there and say "You need to support AFA!" but saying "I am glad we have a union and a contract because..." would certainly speak volumes. Don't you think?

Btw: Although it's still a fresh drive...i've seen people signing cards that I would have never in a million years expected would be in favor of being unionized. Let's see where things are at in 2-3 months.