View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 02:54 PM
Shenzi105
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Phenom driver

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
... I think the OP is still living in yesteryear. Legacy 121 and NJA aren’t even in the same ball park.
The OP was saying... when posters keep comparing both and say ng how life/benefits/pay is so much better at the "121", that it should be underlined ed that it is at the majors/legacy, that "life is like paradise on earth", not ALL 121, and especially not the regionals and definitely not PSA, but it's definitely worth it for the 10 years flow.

Originally Posted by Thedude86 View Post
I’m at PSA. While the NJA group is making more than I am....it’s not by much. [...] I haven’t even been here 5 years yet and I should be pretty close to 125k this year while getting 15-18 days off (of my choosing) every month.
LOL, funny there. YEAR 1 at NJA, flying a 20,000 lbs aircraft, is $80K or $85K, and after FDP and other overtime a Year 1 guy average what you make at Year 5 as a Captain.

and if you want 15 days guarantee per month, 7 on 7 off, schedule set, predicted, for the next 3-4 years if you want, you'll make min. guarantee $65K Year 1 and get around $100K with FDP and overtime. So, not even close, especially PSA where you guys are struggling to fly 75 hrs/month.

Anyway, I am getting off track. My point was yes, NJA is not at all like the majors/legacy but when people say it's so much better at the major, I am supposing that they are comparing with the majors/legacy, not the regionals. So, we agree