Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 04:43 PM
CFI Guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by FL450 View Post
Please excuse the ignorant opinion above. It's not one shared by Omni management as Omni has recently hired a few pilots from foreign carriers who meet the regulations. Omni has always valued candidates with prior heavy International experience.

Hope to see you on the line here soon!
https://www.regulations.gov/document...2016-8912-0001

Captain Andrew K. Page, a highly experienced 12,000 hour heavy jet pilot (foreign air carrier NOT under Part 121) applied for an exemption to be a captain at Western Global Airlines (another ACMI) and was denied.

The OP originally asked if his foreign air carrier time would count towards the 121.436 requirements. I'm making an assumption here but I'm guessing he's interested in possibly a street captain position (or quick upgrade) and which is why he's asking. He made no mention of his other training, prior military, etc. in his first post. That being said, there is a 500 hour credit towards the reg for prior military time.

This type of experience is valuable and needed at Omni. I'm not sure how my comment was misconstrued as to him not be welcome at Omni or otherwise discriminated against. That is obviously not the case nor how I feel. I do not speak for anyone else let alone management. We need good people and it sounds like the OP might be such an individual.

While you may think my opinion is "ignorant", I made it very clear that it was a personal one. However, it appears the FAA shares my same ignorant way of thinking (if you read the ruling). That was the basis for their denial with respect to counting time not accrued under part 121 and applying it towards CFR 121.436(a)(3).

"although foreign air carrier operations are similar to U.S. carrier operations, there are significant differences related to the environment under which foreign air carrier operations are conducted, including possible cultural differences. Most importantly, pilots serving for foreign air carriers do not operate under U.S. regulations and may not have experience in the U.S. national airspace system.

Last edited by CFI Guy; 11-19-2019 at 05:11 PM.