Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 04:27 PM
crwgpn
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by crwgpn View Post
Question. I have been flying as a 777 captain for a foreign airline including flights to the US. Does this time count towards FAR Part 121.436? Is there an avenue to apply this time obtained from a non FAA regulator? Thanks.
I didn't mean to stir up controversy. I have over 1000 PIC under 135/91/military so I don't think it's an issue for me. I just need to refresh on the FARs and put them into practice along with new SOPs. I am not the person mentioned in an earlier post on this subject. I have applied for DEC because that was the application window open and I happen to be a current 777 CA flying to most corners of the planet. I have not heard back but would be happy as SIC as flying for OMNI is the goal because it seems interesting and most similar to being a Hong Kong based 777 pax CA. I'm happy to hear they value expat experience. It's simply a reflection of what opportunities were available at the time and who was desperate enough to give me a chance. I really look forward to returning to the US full time. Every time I arrive into SFO, JFK, BOS, LAX, ORD, it feels like returning home at Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the opinions/comments. The rule has been clarified for me. Cheers.