View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Twofiddyatten
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by Blueridger View Post
I agree with your post except for this part. I’m not a cheerleader like Retractable, but I’m also not a complete cynic who harbors nothing but animosity towards NJA management. The reality is the company WILL need to hire to fill the airframes on order. FDP has allowed the company to do more with less, but it is hitting critical mass at this stage. AQP will allow a small margin of extra productivity as well that may reduce the hiring footprint for a short while longer. That said, I would anticipate upgrade times to keep dropping over time, due in part to growth, and also to retirements that will peak in about 10 years. How this plays out ultimately, well... we shall see.
Well let me quantify. The company is making efforts to make things more efficient. Meaning reducing overhead costs of associated with bringing a new hire on. If the aircraft seat can have a pilots butt in it by reducing fatigue calls and going AQP, there a cheaper avenue than keeping status quo, and hiring more pilots. Yes pilots will be hired but the former ratio of crews per aircraft is no longer relevant.