Old 11-21-2019, 05:26 PM
JamesBond
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: A350 Both

Originally Posted by fishforfun View Post
Exactly what I was saying. Do more with/for less. I think there are a lot of simple “solutions” the company could ask for. Just look at some of our reroute and tag on flying rules.

I do agree. There isn’t much left to give in the way of credit and layover. But I’m only at 1 hour of credit for the entire month of Nov so not much to give there. I guess we could fly to FAR max each day but then we would be timing out 20 days into a month.

Don’t underestimate the ability for some bean counter to come up with creative ways to squeeze that last ounce out.
They can't do more with less. Everybody I knew hit some of those insipid 117 limits during the summer. Multiple times. So how is it possible to do more with less. And to take the other part of that slash... the RLA works both ways. They cannot unilaterally cut pay or change the rules, so it is impossible to do more FOR less either.

It will be interesting to see what the training backlog and lack of significant hiring does next summer, but anybody that was on Express knows what is possible with short staff.