View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 04:18 AM
nuball5
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by jamesholzhauer View Post
Got it from their discussion about their next crew base here on post 24. Using a little google it looks like they will hit 200 in the next 18 months, so it looks like their claim is wrong in that thread. Maybe 260 was a future goal, or maybe they just got it wrong with a misunderstanding or something and their source said 160 and it was misheard/misread as 260? No clue. Regardless, at least talking to my buddies there (and a little from that whole thread), it sounds like BOS will be a base for them at some point. Perhaps they will give virtual bases another shot in the current negotiations like they kind of did in their last (current) contract (but never really implemented it and they shut it down before it even started) instead of doing a real base. Not sure. Not a delta expert. But my original point to the guy with the TBNT was that if I lived in/near BOS I wouldn’t shy away from a legacy (especially delta) just because JB has a base there, as I bet DL can and will support a pilot base there (virtual/real) in the next couple years with their planned growth depending on how much of it is RJ vs mainline.
I don’t see a mainline base there anytime soon, since the equipment they bring into BOS is always something different it seems. I’ve never seen for instance, a dozen 737’s parked at Terminal A. I’ll see one 737, plus an A330, two A320, a 757, etc... Maybe that’s where virtual basing comes in, but I have no clue how that works. Also Republic just opened a crew base there, and they do a good chunk of the BOS flying with the help of Endeavor and Skywest.