View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
I understand the company can cancel a bid, but how can they cancel part of a bid since it screws with seniority.
Example. and it is happening.

Lets say I'm a senior 727 FO and on the bid my first choice was ANC MD11 FO and my second choice was HKG CA. We'll I held ANC MD11 FO and someone junior to me got the HKG CA (far enough). Now the company has cancelled part of the bid and I'm stuck on the 727 and a junior person got HKG CA. Since the company is picking parts of the bid to cancel I get screwed. If they rebid the entire bid I could hold HKG CA.

You guys are much better with the contract than me. Does it say they can cancel part of a bid. I thought seniority was king.
Yes they can:

Section 24.E.4

The Company may cancel an award/assignment of a crew position in reverse seniority order provided it does so at least 30 days prior to the pilot's scheduled training date. A pilot whose award/assignment is canceled may either remain in his current crew position, or exercise his seniority for an award or a vacancy posting that occurred between the date his crew position was awarded and the date it was canceled. He shall be eligible to receive passover pay: