View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 09:40 AM
DH2time
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
IMO. Does it matter principally where you fly ( not with standing TEB in a snowstorm)? I know “Major” part 121 pilot that bid HNL trips only to be reassigned to a Less advantageous overnight. While all pay protection remain in place “Majors” are not specifically guaranteed the exact routing. If a “Major” part 121 pilot can chime in if I’m wrong (please do). So a lot goes back to the matter at hand QOL. It’s great having points and a plane ticket to get to work. However if I could be base with a “””Major””” in the city I live in life would be grand whether reserve or a line holder. One would think NJA would lose the QOL battle. However if you choose to live in an non “””””””Major”””””” part 121 hub I would assume NJA would with the battle 8/10 times

Which major? Every one has different rules. Long call vs short call. I think only UAL has airport reserve, which I assume will be gone in next contract. Long call you get almost a days warning. Lots of guys on long call don’t commute in till a trip is assigned. Short call is a different animal. There are plenty of apps out there that trawl the companies info and give you hours notice about being assigned. The one I use usually tells me 3-5 hours out then I pack up my bike and head back to the house. It’s no longer like the old days of waiting by the phone, like the neighbor in the Bob Newhart show. Sure sometimes they pop up but it’s rare enough I don’t worry about it.

We get reassigned quite a bit. It turns out one of two ways. You get paid the same for less work or you get pays a boatload more.