View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Shenzi105
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Position: Phenom driver

Originally Posted by DH2time View Post
Actually that is reserve exactly. You have your line a month out. You know what days you are working and what days you are not.
Not the same. I know what day I am on reserve, I never know if they use me for a day turn or a multiple day trip, they call me, then cancel me, I travel to sit in a crash pad like a homeless, waiting for a call I may never get, being paid min guarantee, losing 1 to 2 days of my days off on commuting to/from base. That's reserve.

I would love to be told hey, here's an airline ticket, you're working for the next 6-7 days, we'll airline you back. My schedule is known, solid, I am at work for the next 6-7 days; not like this waiting until the last minute to get a call, often only on the last hour of the last day because they still can use me, and living on min guarantee.

No comparison.

But yes, in the majors/legacy segment of the 121, reserve must be hunky dory, home on the couch, living in base, tasting bourbons and cigar, while being paid full hourly making a fortune doing nothing. Must be glamorous reserve life, I am sure all pilots are fighting to bid that