View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Egliderjet
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by Shenzi105 View Post
Not the same. I know what day I am on reserve, I never know if they use me for a day turn or a multiple day trip, they call me, then cancel me, I travel to sit in a crash pad like a homeless, waiting for a call I may never get, being paid min guarantee, losing 1 to 2 days of my days off on commuting to/from base. That's reserve.

I would love to be told hey, here's an airline ticket, you're working for the next 6-7 days, we'll airline you back. My schedule is known, solid, I am at work for the next 6-7 days; not like this waiting until the last minute to get a call, often only on the last hour of the last day because they still can use me, and living on min guarantee.

No comparison.

But yes, in the majors/legacy segment of the 121, reserve must be hunky dory, home on the couch, living in base, tasting bourbons and cigar, while being paid full hourly making a fortune doing nothing. Must be glamorous reserve life, I am sure all pilots are fighting to bid that

Your still describing netjets life 100% of the time. We just have more “bases.” Many guys don’t know
When they will need to leave their house (some leave the day before to a crash pad/hotel too) because they don’t know when show time will be for day one until 1800 the night before. After that, netjets turns on/off/cancels/sends you to sit at the hotel, pulls you to the airport, sends you back to the hotel, gives you nice trips, takes them away, sends you flying into base for an overnight, then adds a leg as soon as you land so you can’t go home. Litterally it is just about if YOU choose to live near a base with an airline, otherwise even living 8 miles from my base at Netjets, I live on reserve on my days on. And if they don’t fly me, I get min guarantee too, because I don’t get the FDP. On average we fly, but it’s not our choice how much or when in the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk