View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 09:01 AM
Urban achiever
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Av8tor0773 View Post
I do intend to apply to the majors/LCCs but I’m not sure how they look at my time. Some people tell me I’ll likely get a call from a major, others say I need the jet time. Also, I don’t have my ATP yet. I do have the written done, and will probably get the practical knocked out on my own. If it seems like the regionals are needed, then I want to make sure I approach that with the right goal in mind.
Sooo... you have military PIC turbine time and a masters? If anything go to a regional with low reserve times, prove you can pass a 121 program and get your ATP, and enjoy getting picked up at mainline. That’s what a buddy of mine did but he had actual jet time flying harriers. Was at a regional for maybe 7 months when he got hired at a major... but there’s a VERY good chance you’d be hired at a mainline carrier to start with.

Id ask around in those forums of what the odds are and how competitive your times are since you have the hours and military training. American tries to take as many military guys as they can get.