Old 11-28-2019, 04:12 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by saturn View Post
No that's not my argument, Delta is #1. I've already seen that chart Trip7 posted. I'm happy and proud that we fly as much as we do to Europe. I'm just giving rationality and context to the claim of "we're #1". It's a poor way to measure EU carriers individually compared to US airlines. That doesn't take away anything from us or them.

Realistically how many destinations could KLM from AMS fly to the USA+Canada vs a US Airline fly from multiple hubs and focus cities to the whole of Europe? Yet BA flies to 27 US cities, KLM 12. When including Canada and LatAm, BA has 52, KLM 35. I find that quite impressive since it's basically from 1 home airport.

Most European airlines have either a singular airport or just a few to launch flights to just USA & Canada. It's logical that a US airline would have more TATL flying just in the finite view of continent vs continent. How about IAG or AF/KLM, Norwegian Group, etc vs DL, UA or AA?
You omit Central and South America which are in their transatlantic totals. They are huge markets.