View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 12:27 PM
jamesholzhauer
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by AAfng View Post
Army aviation commissioned pilots are a different breed at times
The same can be said about many warrants. There are plenty of RLOs who are good aviators and good officers. Many are at the airlines now. Sure there are some who don’t become good pilots...some of whom don’t have much of a chance due to not being available to fly (outside their control), or often times due to warrants controlling the flight schedule and not scheduling them in the limited window of opportunities for them to fly. There are some who just don’t prioritize flying and don’t make themselves available, but I wouldn’t say that’s the majority. But the same can be said of some turd warrants (whose sole job is to fly and do some minor additional duty)...especially some of the guys coming to these RTPs these days in this regional hiring environment. Plenty never made PC, certainly were not tracked, and weren’t exactly a shining example of a good aviator. I wouldn’t quite paint all commissioned army aviators with such a broad brush as you did, and I sure as hell wouldn’t use “commissioned officer” as a derogatory term to describe the way someone is acting. That doesn’t exactly reflect well on the warrant officer corps, or yourself.

Also, the OP said he’s a C12 IP. How many RLOs are C12 IPs? If he is an RLO, he slid into one of very few RLO FW IP slots, which is something turd RLOs typically don’t do. He went to college and a 141 training program 12 years ago before joining the army. I don’t know how his post makes it look like he’s “acting like a commissioned officer.” Just because he isn’t that educated on the airlines (he’s still 2 years out mind you) and is seeking info on how to better prepare, he’s acting like a commissioned officer (in a derogatory way)? Yeah ok. The only thing negative I saw was his lack of SA with regards to his “a major slot that is waiting for me” comment. TOTD.