View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 06:42 AM
phil squares
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: Captain B744

Originally Posted by dabrat72
I hope we are talking about the same company...SIA Cargo...not "mainfleet SIA" like they chose to call it because there is a vast difference in the way the two companies do things! Also, SIA, not SIA Cargo stopped taking direct entry FO's a few years ago, so I can safely assume you are talking about mainfleet...!! SIA!!Yes?
My take on things are pretty accurate, and anyway, the first batch of "Expat" Direct Entry Cargo FO's were taken in two years ago..and so everyone is waiting to see what happens when they hit the first milestone..ie 3 years..and then 5 years!!
At the moment they "DO NOT " have a command program for Cargo! the guys will tell you!! They may be working on it..but nothing as yet. It seems it may be modelled on the SIA policy which is what I said.
But at the moment, the guys dont do any CCQA's (yearly evaluations that the mainfleet guys do and is a major part of the command point scoring program), so there is no basis fo them to even "score" the cargo FO's!! Yes it is strictly on points..but if two of the same have equal points, the local is taken over the foreigner, and the Permanent residence also comes before (only fair la)! But again...main fleet policy!!
But for their sake and the majority of guys there, I hope you are right.
We can only wait and see what happens but as people come here to get the "hard facts" I believe mine are not too far from the "truth".
Hate to burst your bubble, but there has been a very slow trickle of FO hiring on mainline for a long time.

The FOs are scored and it's as big of a deal in Cargo as it is in Mainline. However, you fail to point out as a new cadet of JFO it really doesn't have much impact until you become a SFO. There have been no FOs that have come from mainline so, the most likely upgrades will be either expat FOs or FOs that have prior experience. In no case will it be earlier than 5 years in the seat, so in time that's March-April 2009. The Cadets just won't have enough of time. As far as Citizen/PR/Expat, as long as the expat is willing to go to local terms, it's a level field.

I'll be willing to stand behind my facts anytime and quite frankly unless you feel like telling me your FCC number, I guess we'll both know in a few years.