Squawking 2000
Winston
Squawking 2000
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2015
  • Position
    Skeptical
Quote: Always find these statements interesting.
So, just to be sure we understand you-
As as RJ LCA you made more combined compensation than at United on 2nd year pay.

That would include, 16% BFund.. a profit sharing check worth an additional 5ish%, and higher per diem?
Not to mention, what were your medical costs at your regional?
Lastly.. and THIS is the most important part of the equation-
How many flight hours did you have vs. how many credit hours?
You’re making this way more complicated than I had intended, so I’ll just throw out hard numbers: my last full year as an RJ LCA (which was my 12th), my last pay stub showed that I made $147k. When I came to United I took a pay cut my first year, made about the same as when I left during my second year, and it’s all been in the plus column since.

You’re absolutely correct that I had to work my butt off at the regional, doing IOE every leg, four legs a day, four days a week, for YEARS on end. Now as a wide body FO I consider myself semi-retired, but that was not the subject in question: it was that an Emirates 777 Captain would have a similar financial experience that I had making the move. I doubt that is the case because I’m sure those guys make WAAAY more than $147k, regardless of workload.

I have no regrets making the move, in case you gathered that from my post. There is no other airline I’d rather be working at now than United, and I only wish that I had gotten here sooner.