View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 04:44 AM
CADR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by AZFlyer View Post
On the topic of is it "Really that bad?", here is a little story for you all.

Somehow this well-oiled machine managed to overlook the fact that I've been flying the line for THREE WEEKS (including the end of November) and left my status as 'inactive'.
Honestly, none of that surprises me. PDT is not even close to a well-oiled machine. It is more like that beater POS car that you have that keeps running even though you know it can take a dump at any point and that you are in need of something new.

With the amount of turnover at every level, PDT is always playing "catch-up" and nobody ever seems to know what is going on. I mean think about it. I always see new dispatcher names on the dispatch release, always talking to new schedulers, It is very rare that I fly with the same FO twice, it seems they are always training orange vest new PDT rampers in PHL, we are always getting emails and notifications like "Welcome aboard so-and-so to the whatever Department". It is a nightmare. The only people sticking around are upper management and the Captains.

So to the main question of "is it that bad?'. The answer is simple - there is no reason for a new hire to come to PDT today when every other regional is a better place to be. If you want/need flow, then go to PSA or Envoy. You will have a better schedule and QOL everywhere else and you will make more money everywhere else. Lastly, every other regional has better technology and infrastructure and they will not miss paying a CA who has been flying for 3 weeks since they somehow still had that person marked as "inactive".