Thread: Cage Marshall
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Pilotdude3407
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

I’m not necessarily saying you had unrealistic expectations but they are not a some magical service that can provide the super secret terms that will give you more points. Your experience provides the large collection of points. They understand what common mistakes are and how best to have your app read. They did mine a few years ago and gave me a similar service. I had really worked at my app for a few years so short of a secret code to enter, I wasn’t expecting them to say it was junk and rewrite it. While yes it is a lot of money, I think I would feel comfort knowing that your app is as good as it can be. They have no doubt had tons of success with applicants.

I just recently did they interview prep. I don’t know what I was expecting but I felt a little disappointed on that myself. Again, maybe I thought they had some super secret intel but at the end of the day it was, while valuable, rather basic information. I did study extensively before prepping with them so they didn’t have much to offer. With that being said, I was given praise when I left (which maybe they do for everyone) so it made me feel good that I did everything I could to prepare.

When I actually did my interview, I finally realized what they do for a lot of people. What seemed rather basic to me of do’s and don’ts in an interview seemed to escape some I interviewed with. Items such as, what kind of suit/shirt/tie to wear (or not wear), being personable to everyone in your interview group, not talking negatively about your current employer, tabbing logbooks, providing only the paperwork requested in the order it is requested, not showing up with everything polished (paperwork/attitude/logbooks/etc). So maybe to those people, CM would have been a golden ticket. Who knows. These are all just my two cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk