Thread: New rates?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 07:06 AM
seafeye
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Hot tub for now

Originally Posted by R57 relay View Post
2 years, got it. Vast experience with this management team and pilot group. I’m not trying to insult you, your opinion is important, but you don’t have the understanding to make the statements you are making.

The lanyard is flat out stupid. I’ve seen many variations of those things, they are never completely used, and never will be. So on that, you are correct...it signals the company, the wrong thing. Robert Isom knew before the APA how many would wear it, and he couldn’t care less.

Pilots always thump their chests on the easy stuff, it’s giving up money they loathe to do.

100% lanyard compliance and not answering phone(unless it’s for MU or premium, and we put in for that) won’t get us a contract.
Respectfully disagree.
Ok maybe the lanyard thing. It’s a symbol. I’ll wear it.
What does get the attention is not turning in your phone after you’ve arrived at work. What I don’t understand is why captains will use their cell phones while talking to maintenance or dispatch.
Use the radio or go upstairs and find a pay phone. Dispatchers and maintenance don’t use their personal cell phones at work. Why should we? Do we get reimbursed?

The quickest fastest way to get a new contract is by us doing only our jobs.
Without us going the extra mile, flights will leave late. Management won’t get bonuses. (Unless Parker moves the goal posts again)
Once management doesn’t get paid. We will get a new contract.