View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:54 PM
NavyFlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: Cirrus CA
Default FA Non-uniformity

Originally Posted by DALFA View Post
I think you're being ignorant in assuming that people are just wearing B&W just because. The reality is that as time passes more and more people have adverse reactions to the chemicals in the uniform. In the past month Delta has also made it much easier to get approved for the B&W. It could be because of the union drive, it could be a feeling of guilt...who knows.

As someone who is not in the B&W but as someone that has seen the severe reactions I would suggest you simply stay in your lane and worry about what you're wearing. You wouldn't want your daughter, mother, sister etc dealing with what our colleagues are going thru.

Let’s be honest: if they were having issues before, they should be wearing an alternate uniform. I’m not disagreeing with this position.

But don’t tell me that the number of people affected by skin conditions has more than quadrupled since the letter went out a few weeks ago.

Many of these people have an agenda. Whether it’s KCM or their Union drive, etc. At least be honest with yourself...

When customers ask us pilots about it, I need to be informed and educated. This is “in my lane.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk