View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 PM
DALMD88FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by DALFA View Post
I think you're being ignorant in assuming that people are just wearing B&W just because. The reality is that as time passes more and more people have adverse reactions to the chemicals in the uniform. In the past month Delta has also made it much easier to get approved for the B&W. It could be because of the union drive, it could be a feeling of guilt...who knows.

As someone who is not in the B&W but as someone that has seen the severe reactions I would suggest you simply stay in your lane and worry about what you're wearing. You wouldn't want your daughter, mother, sister etc dealing with what our colleagues are going thru.

Many of our colleagues are having serious reactions to the chemicals in the uniforms and are also having self esteem issues because of what they're going thru. A suggestion I make to you and every other pilot is this: Every time you see a flight attendant in B&W compliment them on how great they look with the B&W. I don't care if you think they look frumpy or what...they can really use the self esteem boost.

It's bad enough we have to deal with passengers making ignorant comments, we really don't need our own coworkers questioning what is going on.
Well then you need to tell them to not tell everyone on the crew how they don't have any reactions but would rather wear the alternate uniform. That was exactly what happened on my last flight. I've flown with this guy a ton but he said it then the others on the flight just kind of laughed about it. 4 out of 10 in alternate uniforms only 2 said that they had a reaction.