View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 08:14 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
I would also bet on more frequencies,
Look at the size of SWA and JetBlue. Look at how many city’s they both serve. It’s almost the same number yet SWA is way bigger vs JetBlue so we definitely have room to add flying to existing city’s as well as Europe and new places.

Wall St has the ELT by the B—-ls. They hate growth because it is expensive and want to see our EPS go up. I think if they can hit that they could make a case for more aggressive growth both to the board and Wall St.

But the above is all a guess.
Agree.

JB has historically added 250-300 per year to the seniority list, as fly-by pointed out with his graphic. The only reason I think 400ish is coming in the next few years is a combination of; CBA needs, as well as the Airbus deliveries (Airbus fly's the graveyard shift, more pilots per plane than the mixed fleet average), Europe (will require more pilots per plane, I think), A220s may fly SOME graveyard shift flying (more pilots per plane than the E90, 3-4-5 years from now).

As you said, all just a guess.

That all assumes JB doesn't do ANOTHER delivery revision slowing deliveries. And doesn't include any acquisition by JB or of JB.