View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 07:16 AM
Flyinlynn
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

hi rickair7777

All I did was study. I don’t drink at all. Yeah I do think I developed vapor lock.
Not much of a healthy eater so lots of TV dinners. All we had was a two burner stove and microwave. Not any exercise either they had a area in the hotel with a couple of treadmill.

Mostly just the school house then back to the hotel to study in my room and a few times with classmates.

The accelerated ATP I’m looking at has a Diamond Twin Star. Just figure I can put ATP on my business cards and also protect my written test results.

The first time through training I was drowning in all the acronyms. I knew what MFD and PFD meant that’s about it. So I was taking copious notes to look up everything after class and missing lecture in the process and falling very behind.

Hi GF

I did apply with one of those part 135 you mentioned they said they would like me to have experience at a 135 other than them and they might consider me at another time.

I’m kinda of intimidated by the five sims and a rating ride. That was what the first regional training was. Normal was five sims allowing up to five additional. I resigned after sim seven.

Wish I could find a FO type position where I could learn before I have to jump into the deep end if there even is such a thing. I guess that was what I thought training was, you learn to be a competent helper to the captain and grow in ability in the job a kind of OJT or apprenticeship concept. But learned they want you to be able to fly the jet basically solo if needed out the gate. I did not arrive with the required skill set and background.

Flying steam gauge Cessna’s around the practice area VFR teaching slow flight does not a CRJ pilot make.