View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 06:37 AM
Wtaps
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by Average View Post
How different is training on the airframes in ground and sim? I know it's unlikely one has done both but I am sure people talk and there is likely some info.

As far as the IFR stuff, I was talking about just refreshing on instrument flying. I have been out of the cockpit for about a year. I have been flying recreationally but I just think it might be beneficial to hit the sim pretty hard for a week or two. It's $10 an hour for alumni so it is very economical.
I’m on the 145 so that’s all I can speak for. No training delay, You go right into systems after Indoc. (You get your type assigned first week btw). For the 145 they want you memorize all boxed limitations, memory items before first day of systems. And start studying flows once you get your cockpit poster.

For the 175 they told the people in my class they don’t need to study or know anything until they start systems. Seems odd but they know what they are doing. And there was 2 weeks of down time between basic indoc and 175 systems.

145 systems and sims are all in house in Houston, if you are lucky you will have all sim sessions in the training center as well. Or you might have a couple sim sessions at flight safety by HOU but you will still have expressjet instructor. They do plan on moving the sim at HOU into expressjet training center so when that happens everything will take place inside the training center.

For 175 you will spend a few days in Houston then head to flight safety STL for the rest of your training. I believe it will all be expressjet instructors.

145 is AQP, 175 is NOT AQP.....yet

Also if you want to hit the sim to practice some instrument scanning it’s definitely a good idea. I wish I would have done some before coming to training.