Thread: Numbers
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Al Czervik View Post
Dude, I’m on the 737 here. I never stated “there are no SOP’s” on the 737. That’s a list of the non SOP items I see on the 737 All. The. Time.
“ Its possible the misunderstanding may go hand in hand with the lack of SOP on the 737.” Direct quote from you a couple of pages back.

Ok, so you’re on the 737. Why didn’t you say so sooner? I don’t know how long you’ve been on it, but since you make the statement above, I’m now wondering how and why you are attributing that list to “non SOP items.” They are ALL SOPs and they are described in the expanded sections of OM1 as well as the trigger and flows cards. I haven’t encountered one F/O in my 3 years as a 737 CA that was confused as to who did what - everything has always been very clear as to the division of duties, what gets called out and when, and who does it.
For example, You mentioned what happens if the HUD is not yet set on taxi out? Simple, the checklist stops at that point as dictated by the triggers, flows and checklist discipline. Once the HUD is deployed the checklist continues. That is how it reads in in OM1 (under checklist reading/performing/discipline) and how it is taught by the Sim Ps and CKA.
Who briefs the takeoff? The PF and the PM, both using the threat forward model. The PM starts with threats and the PF completes the rest of it. As described in OM1 and FOM, per SOPs.
What is the response to a checklist item? It’s all verbatim, to a T, in the OM1 under expanded checklist.
Who starts the APU? Whoever gets to it first, but it is a CA flow.
When is the before landing checklist completed? After completing/closing out all the tabs on the before landing mechanical checklist, as announced by “Before Landing Checklist complete.” SOP per OM1

If those don’t sound like SOPs to you then I’m at a loss, dude.