View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Name User
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Obviously I know that very well. But the large majority are Shia muslims, with minority Sunni, Christian, Jew, Zorastrian, etc. Plus some non-persian ethnic groups including Arabs and Kurds.

But their persian-ness sure doesn't keep them from dreaming about reviving a (Shia) caliphate. They want the US out because they (the regime) could then roll up all of their gulf neighbors and rule the ME.

Sure we would have. Their general was operating in a third country conspiring to kill Americans with no declared war, ie state-sponsored terror. That particular general has been murdering Americans in an undeclared war since at least 2008 (unfortunately somebody set a bad precedent and let him get away with it). He has even killed on US soil, but was smart enough to stick to Iranian refugee/agitators. Although he *almost* succeeded in bombing a power-lunch restaurant in DC a few years ago. He was targeting a Saudi but would have also killed, wounded, or endangered some DC elites, potentially members of congress or senior executives depending on who was having lunch that day.

I'm no Trump fan but he sure got this one right (I'm 100% confident Esper and Pompeo were behind this one).

100% wrong. Embassies are sovereign territory. It's a fine distinction but a very important one. It's what got them in trouble in the first place.

If you hate America so much why don't you apply for asylum in one of the peace-loving utopian societies you keep fawning over?
I don't hate America. Quite the opposite. Just tired of seeing repeated mistakes being made over and over in the same part of the world.