Old 01-14-2020, 09:56 AM
Cyio
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by uavking View Post
A couple of outliers with family connections or unique resumes do not constitute a trend. Outside of the usual USAF/USN fighter or heavy profile, civilian hires at the big three still fit the usual profile of 4000-5000 TT, 1000-1500+ TPIC, volunteer and/or union work, and maybe a check airman letter.

Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant do not equal the same career expectations or opportunities that exist at the legacies. Quick cash, etc., does not constitute playing the long game. (Heck, you could almost say the same thing about Alaska or Jetblue who each have their own structural issues) If guys want to give up flow to roll the dice at one of them, it probably behooves them to do a careful line by line.
Of course the current ones are outliers, I dont think anyone says otherwise, however that is all about to change in the next year or so and sticking to the way things used to work should also be done by a careful line by line.

Depending on your age and other factors, there are opportunities for all, which I think is the underlying point to all of these threads, with Spirit getting most of the attention. If you are 40+ and have a couple years to flow, I think Spirit and the like will make you more in the long run. You will get paid better faster and most importantly upgrade faster. Its all speculation and educated guessing though.