Thread: 10-15 Years Left to fly, Stay or go?

El Peso , 01-14-2020 10:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off
El Peso
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2019
Quote: I didn’t come here for the upgrade. I came for QOL. I drive to work.

I won’t bid anything unless it has me starting my workday driving there. I won’t commute again. That is worth more to me than $75k and never seeing my family. If you’re single or hate your family....then maybe LGA rsv and a commute might be appealing. FWIW, a 4th yr FO here can clear 200k+ pretty easily living in base and only be gone from home 8-10 nights.

A 10 yr FO can easily clear 300k. Different strokes for different folks.

Not saying 3 yrs to the left seat is at all a bad thing. Just don’t toss it into the ether without giving more info. It’s not 3 yrs anywhere but 1 place. And it went that junior for a very good reason.

I don’t understand why you keep saying this. It’s not like I threw out a E190 upgrade. It’s a 737 CA position, the most JR one, yes in NYC. It’s like me asking you about upgrade time at SWA, but don’t give me that OAK reserve crap! I’d never bid it. That how you sound. Btw I was based in NYC for awhile too. Most captains I flew with drove to work from NJ, CT, up state and even nyc. So believe it or not, some people actually live in that region, and would be euphoric to bid that status and fly 30 hours a month, or bid long call and maybe fly a bit more.