View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 07:41 AM
matl
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2020

Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
---QOL: 717 is basically an AM/PM shift (with longer days avail. with higher credit days) Crews are awesome and you'll fly with the same people a lot. Great comradery. 321NEO is primarily 2 day or 3 day trips. 1 leg out/1 leg back. Think of it as 12-14 legs a month. Similar with 330/787, except longer haul and more 3-4 day trips. Our duty days are basically 6hrs for West Coast to 11 hrs for Asia/East Coast.

---Home Time: Bid 717... as you get more senior you may be there for school drop off and pick-up. Or only miss out on lunch at home.

Bottom line... Want to live in Hawaii go with Hawaiian, Want to live on the Mainland or only plan on being in Hawaii for a few years... go with United
kingairfun - this is great info/advice. I also read a separate Hawaiian thread that you provided some great insight so thank you!

Yes, 717s is a no brainer if I want to be home every day but I do see some cons WRT pay/schedule for stringing days off...looking to get weekends back after 6months - 1year.

Yes, we plan to live on Oahu and not worried about 1st year pay. But just thinking ahead w/ 2nd, 3rd year pay, etc. upgrade time (between the 3 aircraft) etc. w/ the 787s coming in 2021 and the 2yr seat lock rule. Just seeing which is the best aircraft to ask for (understand until indoc nothing is guaranteed). We are open to 2-3 day trips so maybe 321 NEO, 717s, 330 in that order? Does the 330 consistently do 2-3 day trips or are they much longer?

So between the 321NEO and 330 which would be more conducive for QoL - good schedule and/or stringing days off? Can you expand a little on the 321 vs 330 schedule for new FOs?