Old 01-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by bluesky24 View Post
I wish reporters would do some actual research and educate themselves on subjects they write about. The quality of reporting is terrible and lazy. Reporters want to be spoon fed information and write hit pieces for clicks. I’ve noticed Politico is especially bad. Anytime I read an aviation related article and see all the errors and inaccuracies; I figure that anything else they write about is flawed. Whether it be business related, political, or whatever. Too bad reporters don’t have higher standards and take the time to investigate and learn instead of asking to be spoon fed info and then write an article full of misinformation and bias. Have some pride in your job! If I made as many errors as you probably do on a daily or weekly basis, I wouldn’t last very long in my profession.
People don’t want to pay for news anymore (newspaper) so the outlets have to get paid per click instead of subscription and the writing suffers as a result. Consumers are their own worst enemy of most everything they dislike. Everyone wants everything cheap or free and then complains when quality suffers.