Thread: MBCBP comparison tool

interceptorpilo , 01-26-2020 06:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off
interceptorpilo
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2017
Quote: No black helicopters here. I explained my defaults in another post, which I'll quote here:

My main goal is give people accurate information. If I have any agenda, it's to counter the very vocal people on this forum that are saying "MMIC" is the only and best way, and the MBCBP is worthless. It is not worthless and provides a lot of value to a lot of people. Maybe taking that money cash will work better for you, though. As with most investments, it is mostly dependent on your time horizon.
Ok I appreciate your black helicopter comment because I used to fly them. Due diligence would show the 4% rule is in order to take that out and not touch your balance and be inflation protected. It will allow you to leave your initial investment to your heirs or to live forever.

Sailing quotes that the MBCBP is inheritable. If it is then to who? Spouse only? So then that is not as good as the MMIC.

Apples to apples MBCBP time horizon? Is it to spouse only? If so then we need to actuarialize spouses death age. Let’s say 85. And that is probably generous given the average age of death in US is 78ish.

Given the 85 age then time out the MMIC to 85 with a zero balance and see how much more it gives you. I expect a lot. DYODD.