Thread: PNP Abuse
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 06:19 AM
magic rat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Default PNP Abuse

Want PNP? Here's what guys are doing to get it...(I think)

Pilot A has a carryover trip XXX into the next bid month, and bids VTO. Before the SWW opens, (24-48 hrs?), the company takes a snapshot of all the VTO awardee calendars for planning purposes. When the SWW opens, Pilot A bids trips that conflict with this carryover trip. Hopefully, somehow, the following will take place:

Section 25.D.2.g
Carryover CH will not be part of the BLG/RLG for a secondary line except as provided in Section 25.E.4.b.iii. If it is not possible to build a secondary line within the line spread without creating a conflict, then the line will be built below the spread. I such case, the difference between the secondary line's BLG/RLG, and the applicable crew position's regular line average BLG shall be eligible for Priority Non-Premium (PNP) make-up.

Here's where/how the abuse occurs:

After the snapshot is taken, Pilot A's buddy, Pilot B, who also has a VTO next month, takes Trip XXX of Pilot A's calendar AFTER his snapshot was taken (so the snapshot of Pilot B's calendar shows no carryover trip, but now has one for SWW). Pilot B bids during SWW accordingly to conflict with Trip XXX that wasn't present when the snapshot was taken. VTOs are made, conflict is created, PNP, yadda-yadda-yadda.

Now, I KNOW this is happening because I've watched VTO holders calendars and carryover trips are moved along the timeframe described above. Not sure if protecting min days off is triggering PNP also?

Welcome your comments and shots at my theory.