Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 06:28 PM
Avi8tor441
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: EMB500 PIC

The 5000 dollar a year raise was just for the tier 1 co-pilots. I believe that was earned and should come along. Underpaid still? Yes. Coming in with all the time you need to upgrade is a huge bonus for the company with the attrition. If I was told it would be a 4 year upgrade and I was stuck at 75k for those 4 years I would never of applied. Knowing upgrade can happen in 1 year or less was my basis for taking this job. I took a significant paycut to come to XO, but I knew if a major never called I would be happy working for them for years to come. Culture is slowly changing, and we will see where that lands. Knowing I’m going to a vista uniform (I’m on the 300) doesn’t make me too happy, but this is how it is. I don’t know much about the CR side of the house. I know we are all a team and good things can only happen if we act like one. CR is getting representation on the round table and that is a great thing. What the round table did is good, but not the best. We took a hit with loosing Atlantic bucks and fuel savings. The “bonus” does not compare to what those two things paid out per year. It’s aviation. Give it time. It will change. All companies do. I’m happy to be with XO. Love the flying. Love the job. LOVE my set schedule. 135 will NEVER be able to match what a large 121 can do. That’s just it in a nutshell.